Professional Development Network for SEND and Inclusive Practice (PDN-SIP)
The PDN for SEND and Inclusive Practice (PDN- SIP) comprises Head Teachers and Senior Teachers from Special Education and Mainstream settings, University Colleagues, and colleagues connected to LA support services. The following purposes are central to the work of the group:
- To be a beacon of positivity and professional activism in the field of SEND
- To adopt a research orientation so as to encourage evidenced based practice and a professional community that can learn together so as to enhance outcomes for learners
- To enhance the learning and development of practitioners (and students who will be joining the workforce) in ways that secure positive outcomes for children and young people
- To secure in the professional community, confidence, preparedness and insight about how to enhance the education and life experience of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- To sustain SEND and inclusive practices at the center of strategic development at the University of Derby and to strengthen the UoDs reputation as a center for excellence in SEND and inclusive practices
Modes of working
- The PDN seeks to work collaboratively in ways that enable professionals in the field to access opportunities to share their skills and expertise and to learn from one another.
- It takes deliberate action to enable such networks to flourish with an emphasis on securing confidence, preparedness and insight among professionals in the field and positive outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs.
- It adopts a research orientation in its approach.
Examples of Schools and organisations represented on the PDN-SIP
- Ivy House School
- The SENAD group
- St Martins Special School (also a Teaching School)
- William Shrewsbury Primary and Nursery School
- Derby College
- Derby Moor Community Sports College
- Derbyshire LA
- Derby LA
- Chair – Debs Robinson
What the PDN-SIP can do for you
- Joining the PDN SENI gives you access to free professional development courses and enables free attendance at our annual conference.
- The PDN SENI is an information sharing forum that connects you with a wider network of professionals and their knowledge base.
What can you do for the PDN-SIP?
- Attend meetings and contribute to our strategy, our online forum and our annual conference
- Share your skills and knowledge